Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weeeee!

I gave up trying to take the perfect picture of Rowan sometime ago. Too much pressure. I also have learned that I much prefer the imperfect, real moments. You know, the one with snot dripping out of his nose, drool covering his shirt and a food stained mouth. Him being silly, because he is a silly boy. These are all the things that remind me of Rowan. These are the things that I want to remember when he gets older. I think it is easy nowadays to photoshop the personality right out of photos. Skin is perfect, teeth are crazy white....And while I am a fan of some post processing magic. I often use it to correct exposure, or to zap a pimple. Because really who needs to remember that big zit on your chin. I do try to make a point of not going too photoshop happy on my pictures. I was looking at my baby book recently and I was laughing at all the pictures of me in which I had food plastered all over my face. I feel like 95% of the pictures have me wearing a food ring around my mouth. And it made me laugh, since this was an authentic portrayal of me as a kiddo. A memory that I wouldn't have wanted to have photoshopped away. These ramblings have a point, and I will get to it. The family went to the playground tonight. James was taking pictures and my camera was still on manual mode. So, I am blurry, and Rowan is not in these pictures....Not technically perfect pictures, but perfect to me. I love how they turned out. Lola gets really peeved if she is not included during slide time. She will slide all by herself, but will usually knock Rowan right off the slide, so it's best if she is supervised.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are really funny pics. Rowan has so much joy in each one.