Monday, June 28, 2010
1. The darker and grittier the music the more it makes me happy. Weird, I know.
2. I hate the smell and taste of black licorice. The only reason I bring this up is that presently my conditioner wreaks of black licorice and I am not liking it so much.
3. I love Italian sheets.
4. However, I do not love my pug Lola puking all over them two days in a row.
5. I am obsessed with the show Hoarders.
6. I screw up every expression known to man and it is a running joke with my husband. For example "James if we win the lottery we can live pig on the hog!"
7. I tend to ruminate about things. The important things and the not so important things.
8. I want to love yoga, but I only like yoga. Is it natural to contort one's body to look like a giant pretzel?
9. You know the 80/20 rule? I have a closet full of the most amazing clothes, and I choose to wear sweats or jeans about 80% of the time. I get dressed up to go to work but that is about it.
10. My hair is curly. I wish it wasn't.
11. My hair has a whole lot of grey. But, I will be dying my hair until I die so it is fine by me.
12. Sometimes James has to throw me in the shower. Kicking him does no good. He is much stronger and bigger then me.
13. I hate showering because it means I have to get my hair wet, which means that I have to spend the next hour blow drying and straightening it because of fact number 10.
14. I spilled a container of Kool-aid over my brother's head when I was younger. He dared me. I poured. He told on me. I blamed him. We were both sent to our rooms. That story still makes me smile.
15. I snuck broccoli into my meatballs and carrots into my tomato sauce yesterday. Yes, I am becoming one of THOSE mothers that tries to stick vegetables in everything.
16. I don't eat the broccoli meatballs or the carrot tomato sauce. No, no, no....My husband and my son eat the healthy stuff. I tend to reach for a chocolate bar.
17. I know I need to change fact number 16.
18. I like Twilight. There I said it. I committed it to writing.
19. I hate country music.
20. I wish I was as forgiving as my husband. Even if I was, I would still hate country music.
21. I don't tan. It's hopeless. Winter = pale Summer = pale + freckles
22. I may be the only person on the planet that loves McDonald's Filet O Fish. Actually make that two. My grandfather liked to eat them too.
23. I don't like beer. I have only drank it once. It was a bad experience involving a drinking game in university.
24. In my house, drinking the last Coke is the equivalent to cutting my arm off. Or me cutting yours off. Be warned.
25. I am dreaming of Positano, Italy.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
So, here are my favourites. I am loving every stinking thing Sonya Tayeh choreographed this week. I am heavily influenced by the music as much as the dance, the Jeff Buckley Hallelujah song with Alex blew my friggin mind. They blew it up!! Ah...that song. Jeff Buckley, you left the world too soon, your voice is magical and soothes me to sleep at night. I like Alex, but I don't love Alex....He doesn't have the quirk factor that I like....
All star Mark is back. This makes me the most happy. And paired with Sonya Tayeh. I was loving it. I have no clue who he was dancing with.....It was purely about the reunion of Mark and Sonya on this one...
I am thinking Melinda needs to get the big old boot this week. I don't think she as strong a dancer as the rest. Enough said.
Loved the African Dance routine by Robert and Courtney......The music is off the Cirque du Soleil Saltimbanco soundtrack called "Norweg". Enjoy!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Next up. The pony rides. Man, you think it was a NYC night club we were trying to get into. The lines for the pony ride was LONG! Grandma stayed in the line, while Rowan and I enjoyed the slide. She also had to watch out for all the kids that were trying to butt in front of her. This makes me furious. The parents are right there watching it all happen and they do nothing. Actually, some of the parents were trying to butt in line too. Shameful. They don't know my husband though. There will be no butting in line on his watch. Beware kids! You could be two or one hundred and two...doesn't matter :) Grandma went with Rowan on the pony ride. But Row hung on the whole time by himself and did quite well. Well enough to wave at me for some pictures.
And then the four wheelers. He was way too young to be on them, but again, the supervising parents gave James the green light to let him on and just stay close by. James really needs to work on his supervising skills. Rowan ran into another boy's leg and almost had an accident with a side railing.....Rowan didn't smile once while he was on the bike. He had this look of utter concentration trying to figure out what handle to press for it to start moving and how to maneuver around all the gaggles of kiddos.
If this is a preview of what's to come, it's going to be a great summer!