Friday, July 2, 2010

Sorry but...

you'll have to endure another SYTYCD post. I am going to give a recap after each show because I think it will be fun to look back on in the future. As a side note, I have been checking out this company Blurb, who will automatically take all of your blog posts and put them into a book and then it is yours to customize and pretty up. Once you are finished accessorising, they'll print and bind it and mail you a copy. It becomes another volume in your diary.

Back to SYTYCD. I'm going to skip straight to the good stuff. Melinda finally got voted off. I even cringed a bit after her absolute horror of a salsa performance when both Mia and Adam said that they had made a mistake by keeping her over Cristina. Can you say vindication?! This is why Mia and I need to be pals. So I can keep her honest.

The boys outclass the gals by light years. Alex is clearly a favourite, and I adore him too. Finally a technical , classically trained dancer with some personality. He could take it....I enjoyed the performance with him and Twitch. Twitch is like the king of SWAGGER. I so enjoy him performing in his own style.

Even though Jose is one of technically worst dancers, I agree with the judges, I just love watching him. I love the brightness in his eyes. They draw you in....There is a sincerity and honesty in his performances that I love. The opposite of sincere performances would have been Kent's performance this week. I'm not sure he is capable of delivering a wiser, more mature performance. He is so young, naive and fresh faced. And those qualities are all fabulous, but you need to be able to transform yourself in dance. To be able to bring your sexy on....

Loved Adechike and Lauren's performance. Great chemistry and a super fun routine.

Onto the music....I can always count on this show to build up my iPod playlist. Enjoy Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.




Off to Niagara on the Lake to enjoy some pool time. Then off to Pride this weekend. Happy Gay Pride Canada!

No comments: