Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dear Mia

Dear Mia Micheals,

I am upset that I am having to write this letter to you so early in the SYTYCD season. You started off so well. All cheery and funny and I was loving you up. And then you had to go and do it...again. I understand that you are an artist, and that with artistry comes strong emotions. This is why I love you. Even if you cry on every single episode. Because really, that IS a lot of crying. I feel the emotions you convey are very raw and real, and because of this when you are frustrated or not feeling a particular dancer or dance you can come off as a mega beatch. Case in point, last week with Adechike. Rather then provide constructive criticism, because really, isn't that why you are up there? To help dancers learn and better themselves through your critique. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being honest and straight forward. But telling Adechike you wished Alex was dancing his number instead, and on top of that saying that he is just not as likeable as Jose, was downright rude. Did either of those comments have anything to do with his dancing? Nope. Can you take those comments and learn anything from them? Nope. Did you tear his hurt out and leave it on the SYTYCD stage? Yup. And then you ran up there and ate it for dinner. You know it's bad when you have to apologize the next night for it. I'm hoping it was heartfelt and not just the result of public feedback. So please Mia, I'm asking you to be a little more respectful with your critiques. Really, it is just the right thing to do.

But I still love you,
Mic

1 comment:

Keshet said...

I haven't been watching, but this is too funny! And you can drop by for poached pears anytime, hee!