Wednesday, September 1, 2010
25 things about Jamesie E
I have done a twenty five things about me post on a few occasions, and I thought it would be groovy for Rowan to be able to look back and see what his dad was all about from his mom’s perspective. For the record, I didn’t ask for James' permission to post these twenty five things, and he might not like being exposed, but whatever, he should know what he got himself into when he married me….
1. Eat Sleep Hockey is his mantra.
2. He would be the happiest man on earth if he could figure out a way to be fed nachos, pizza and beer intravenously.
3. There is this particular scene in the Austin Powers the Spy who Shagged Me movie where Austin uses the woman “Robin Swallows” as a human shield to fend off knives, bullets, bazookas and eventually the concrete pavement. James thinks this is comedy gold. It is hysterical to him. Even though he has seen it about a hundred times.
4. He loves the Lord of the Rings. He read the books as a child.
5. After he burps, he says “excusez-moi". Apparently saying it in French makes belching more sophisticated.
6. He is the only person in the world that calls me Shelly B.
7. He loves music and music history. He is a big fan of the Ongoing history of new music. If you haven’t heard this radio show, you really must take a listen!
8. He has traveled all over the world.
9. He has lived in Canada, Germany, the USA and Australia.
10. He has a deep voice that was made for radio.
11. He had his own radio show in Germany while living there as a teenager.
12. He can do the best one arched eyebrow that I have ever seen. It is right up there with Jack Nicholson. See picture below.
13. He avoided getting a cell phone for as long as it was humanly possible, yet he is an IT Architect by trade and it VERY computer savvy.
14. He was a DJ. I used to travel from Ohio to Toronto to watch him play in a bar on Thursday nights.
15. I knew when I met him in university that I wanted to marry him. Apparently he didn’t feel the same way because he dumped my ass in fourth year of university. Luckily he realized the error of his ways shortly thereafter.
16. He hates when I tell people fact number 15.
17. He is in charge of everything that has to do with the outside of our house. I only do insides.
18. He gets along with everyone and everyone gets along with him.
19. That should be apparent; he is married to ME.
20. He is the meat to my potatoes, the cheese to my gravy, and the ice to my coke.
21. He is a brilliant father.
22. I have only seen him cry twice. When his grandmother died and on the day that Rowan was born.
23. He has a man crush on George St. Pierre.
24. We have the exact same degrees from the exact same universities.
25. I adore him.