Wednesday, November 12, 2008

There is nothing on TV at 4:00 AM.....

I know this because I have been waking up at around 4:00 AM every night since I returned from Thailand almost two weeks ago. And it's killing me. Not the TV part. The not sleeping part. I have always been a ten hour sleeper. Like clockwork, I would go down for the count at around nine o'clock at night. Always slept well. Then Row came along, and shook my sleep schedule to the core. Now my little one sleeps all night. And I am not. And this makes for a very cranky mama.

So , I think it's time to call my doctor and see what he recommends to get me back on track. Any suggestions from fellow insomniacs would be appreciated at this point....

2 comments:

clare b said...

Good morning ! Don't have any suggestions for you, only cause I sleep like the dead at present. Fingers crossed the Dr can give you GOOD drugs.

Anonymous said...

I few things that have been recommended to me:
- get outside or at least in bright window light early in the day.
- moderate exercise during the day, but not in the evening
- do yoga or meditate before bed

Yeah. Well, I've been up at 5AM most mornings (that's an improvement over 2AM the first few days), so I can't really say how effective any of these will be. Not that I'm doing them all, either... Exercise? Right.