Sunday, May 27, 2012

Project Life Update

Amazingly, I have been keeping up-to-date with Project Life.  Some weeks I enjoy putting it together, and some weeks are tedious.  I am one of those people who needs to finish a project once I have started or I will obsess about it.  So, I will finish it.  You can be sure I'll be taking a PL hiatus next year. I do love looking through the album and so does my family.  That is definitely why I keep pushing forward. I don't plan to blog every week's spread, but I thought I would put up a few just for fun.

Week 15 - I was in California this week visiting my friend Amy who was getting hitched. I have been using the Smash journaling cards a ton. Elle's Studio and Bananafish Studio usually make an appearance every week as well.  I had a big order from Two Peas shipped to Amy's house in California, so that I could take advantage of free shipping and no duty. I bought the majority of the Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collection. I absolutely love the bright colours, so that line is used in the next several pages. Let's take a moment to talk about fashion shall we?  Do you see those Jimmy Choos?!  They were Amy's wedding shoes, and they were fierce. I also got my fix of Mexican food.  I haven't been able to find a good Mexican restaurant in Toronto, and Gino (Amy's husband) is Mexican, so he hooked me up.








Week 16 - I talked about my return flight from California to Toronto. The most turbulent flight I have ever been on, and that says a lot.  I traveled every week for eight years while at IBM USA.  It was bad.  Pills were popped at the end of that flight.  James and I went out with some friends to a great restaurant called the Playpen.  Horrible name for a restaurant. Sounds like a strip club, or a children's activity centre ;) Despite the name, the food was amazing and it had a very kitchy vibe.
I broke out the Studio Calico wood veneers, Amy Tangerine Sketchbook diecut bits, more Smash journaling cards, and some flair from an etsy shop called a flairforbuttons. Flair would be a slight obsession of mine lately.  I am stoked to get my order from Marcy Penner.  Have you seen these flair?! I die. 




Week 17/18 - I incorporated the Heidi Swapp file folders that were in the Studio Calico May kit called 35mm.  Most of the products used during this week are from that kit.  I wasn't sold on the Cosmo Cricket 2wenty-Thr3e paper when I saw it online, but I love it in person. 







 Week 19 - Just a one page spread for last week.  I love the Instagram stamp that is part of the Studio Calico Adventure stamp set.


Hope you enjoyed taking a peak!

4 comments:

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

love your pl...i think i'm going to try to do that next year.

Kelly said...

Absolutely fabulous pages Michelle xxx

Shelley Haganman said...

Love how you used my flair and thanks so much for the link! Shelley

Colleen Warren said...

LOVE your PL!! Xo Colleen W..